In this Half-Life 2 Mod by Falemirous (or Gagnetar, or Maziblux), Krystal replaces the secondary companion character Alyx Vance. This version is a significant upgrade to the original Half-Life 2 mod, which used an older version of the Warfaremachine rig.
- Uses high quality Warfaremachine Krystal Rig V2
- Facial animations, tail physics, and various jiggle bones
- There are 4 variants:
- Adventures with Gatling Gun
- Adventures with Blaster
- Assault with Gatling Gun
- Assault with Blaster
- The EMP tool is replaced with Krystal's Staff, now with improved Mikiel2171-based model (with more accurate textures), glowing effects for the crystals, and open/close animations
- Enhanced textures, and new normal maps, for both the Gatling Gun and the Blaster
- Gatling Gun has proper animations and is held more naturally
- In-game TVs showing animations of Alyx have been replaced with Krystal animations, both for Adventures and Assault outfits
- Krystal now holds the Gravity Gun correctly
- Many other minor edits to the rig
- Half-Life 2
- Half-Life 2: Episode 1
- Half-Life 2: Episode 2
- Synergy (Free Multiplayer Half-Life 2 mod)
Instructions for installing and using the mod can be found in the download's readme.txt file, and in the Tutorial Video below.
- The Krystal rig is Warfaremachine's Krystal Rig V2.
- The Staff came from the Mikiel2171's Krystal Rig.
- The blaster model was obtained from Models Resource.
- Falemirious ripped the gatling gun model and sound effects himself.
The mod's size is rather large (almost 1.8GB). This is due to the textures and rig system being relatively large combined with four different variants. To deal with the massive duplication of data, and get the download size to a more reasonable 54.5MB, we had to use 7zip compression. If you don't already have it, you can download 7zip for Windows or use Keka for Mac OS X. (The Unarchiver for Mac does not correctly decompress this 7zip file.)
Falemirous gave full permission to host this mod here on the Krystal Archive.