Gagnetar (aka Falemirous) continued his work on the Half Life 2 Mod that replaces Alyx Vance with Krystal, creating a greatly expanded version 3 that would be released to the public on September 23rd, 2022 in celebration of Star Fox Adventures' 20th Anniversary. The previous versions of the mod (Version 2 and Version 1) are still available. This mod was very notable for achieving brief viral status, the first such instance for both the Krystal Archive and Krystal mods in general. Below you'll find a summary of the release post content duplicated for ease of navigation.
In addition to replacing the Alyx's model with Krystal, this mod features all of Alyx's lines rerecorded by Estelle Ellis, reprising her role as Krystal. That's 3265 painstakingly recorded lines. As you saw in some of the trailers, the dialog itself was adjusted slightly for Krystal's inclusion in the story. That's certainly the headline of the mod, but there's a bunch more to it than that:
- Four different, fully functional weapons from Krystal's armory
- Sniper Rifle
- Gatling Gun
- Krystal's Magic Staff
- Both the 2018 and 2020 version of WarfareMachine's Krystal rig (a huge fan request fulfilled)
- The WarfareMachine 2020 version has outfits for Assault, Adventures, and four different Alyx-style outfit combinations:
- Star Fox Shirt
- Black Mesa Shirt
- Alyx Hair
- Krystal-standard Hair
- The 2018 version of the rig has two new outfits:
- Some additional lighting and texture fixes in the 2018 rig
- Replacements for the Episode 2 G-Man scene
- Fixed Krystal teleport issue in Episode 1 Intro
- And a special Star Fox themed surprise you won't be able to miss once you encounter it
So with all the different rig and clothing variations, you will have a grand total of 120 possible looks for Krystal. That's 48 combinations of the 2018 rig and 72 combos for the 2020 rig!
Check out the feature trailer above if you haven't. It's got some fully animated segments! You can download the mod here (or download via Google Drive or download via MEGA). This version of the mod is a lot bigger than Version 2: now at a staggering 5GB. We've managed to compress it down to a 7zip file that's only 607MB.
Rose was nice enough to make these sweet Krystal Box Artworks for each of the games. Very professional. The uncompressed versions of these posters are available in the mod download.
You can follow Gagnetar's ongoing work at his twitter account. Estelle Ellis is very active on her twitter account, posting Krystal fanart and talking to fans. Go stop by and tell them thanks for their hard work! Plus all the others who helped make this possible.
Gagnetar gave full permission to host this mod here on the Krystal Archive.