Thanks for your help! Be warned! I have not had a chance to screen most fics before you see them. Some may be downright unpleasant. If you encounter such a fic, you can stop immediately. Any fic that doesn’t meet the standards discussed below can be immediately rejected, you don’t have to finish it, just explain yourself when you submit the form. Still interested in helping? Great!
First, you need to claim a fanfiction from Fanfictions To Review. There are instructions in that document on how to do so.
Next, read through the fiction and be on the lookout for potential issues, all while forming a personal opinion of the piece. You will need to report the following when you submit the Fanfiction Review Form:
- Your signature - your name that will be posted along with your review
- Your email - so I can contact you if I have questions (not posted)
- Link - the URL to the first chapter
- Should this fic go on the Krystal Archive? (see below)
- If no...
- Why? Reference issues with specific chapters and paragraphs so I can verify
- If yes...
- Author signature - name of the author
- Title - name of the story
- Number of chapters
- Is the fic complete or in progress?
- Review - A brief description or teaser about the story
- (Optional) Personal opinion of the story and overall quality
- Any warnings? (see below)
- Where did those warnings occur? Reference specific chapters and paragraphs so I can verify
This is a judgement call. Consider these things when deciding.
- Must be free of detailed sexual situations, characters having sex is allowed, as long as it’s not described and it is not the focus of the fic
- Must be free of fetishy topics (like a fic mostly about a chubby or pregnant Krystal, but having little actual story)
- Must be free of torture, gore, or Krystal-bashing themes
- Must not be a troll fiction, but comedies are ok
- Must not portray Krystal in an un-Krystal-like manner, except for comedic effect
- Must have minimal to no cursing
- Must be readable, grammar must be passible, the story must be a real story (reject stories that were clearly written on a whim, or are short and meaningless)
- If there is some other reason you think the story should not be on the Krystal Archive, be sure to mention it
If you think the fic should be posted, but it contains any of the following potential issues, make note of them so you can send them with your review.
- Pregnant Krystal
- Human Krystal
- Centaur Krystal
- Muscular Krystal - Krystal is unnaturally muscular
- Macro Krystal - Krystal is unnaturally large (a giant, not fat)
- Sensual Activities - Anything from two characters having sex to descriptions of sensual clothing
- Adult Topics - Examples: character talking about their private parts or discussing female hygiene
- Blood - Any detailed descriptions of bleeding or blood spatter
- Graphic Injury - Any detailed description of injury, intentional or not (for example: describing in detail what happens to the character as a bullet rips through their organs)
- Dead Bodies - Corpses lying around, for whatever reason
- Language - Any inappropriate language, from four-letter swear words all the way down to “damn”
- Extreme Violence - Basically no unnecessary violence, like killing innocents for the fun of it
- Main Character Death/Suicide
- Horror Themes
- Alcohol Usage
- Other - Anything else you think someone of any age might find inappropriate
- I only link to the first chapter of a fic, check for additional chapters
- You may NOT review your own fic!
- Do not give out links to reviewer pages, documents, or forms (including this one)