Thanks for your help! Be warned! I have not had a chance to screen most fanfilms before you see them. Some may be downright unpleasant. If you encounter such a fanfilm, you can stop immediately. Any fanfilm that doesn’t meet the standards discussed below can be immediately rejected, you don’t have to finish it, just explain yourself when you submit the form. Still interested in helping? Great!
First, you need to claim a fanfilm from Fanfilms To Review. There are instructions in that document on how to do so.
Next, watch the fanfilm and be on the lookout for potential issues, all while forming a personal opinion of the piece. You will need to report the following when you submit the Fanfilm Review Form:
- Your email - so I can contact you if I have questions (not posted)
- Link - the URL you got from Fanfilms To Review
- Should this fanfilm go on the Krystal Archive? (see below)
- If no...
- If yes...
- Creator signature - creator's name
- Title - name of the fanfilm
- Video Length - in minutes and seconds, for example: 04:52
- Type - is it made up of rendered animations, cutscenes and gameplay, speedpainting, or something else?
- Warnings? (see below)
- Where did those warnings occur? Reference specific minutes and seconds so I can verify
This is a judgement call. Consider these things when deciding.
- Must be free of pornography, direct or implied
- Must be free of adult situations (multiple characters in bed, pole dancing, etc)
- Must be free of violence, gore, and Krystal-bashing themes
- Must not contain cursing at all (except mild cursing as part of lyrics)
- Must not make fun of Krystal or portray her in an un-Krystal-like way, except for comedic effect
- Must be at least 50% animated video, image slideshows are not allowed, but videos of painting/drawing are allowed
- Must be of passible quality or better, reject very low quality or overly repetitive fanfilms
- If there is some other reason you think the fanfilm should not be on the Krystal Archive, be sure to mention it
If you think the fanfilm should be posted, but it contains any of the following potential issues, make note of them so you can send them with your review.
- Pregnant Krystal
- Human Krystal
- Centaur Krystal
- Muscular Krystal - Krystal is unnaturally muscular
- Macro Krystal - Krystal is unnaturally large (a giant, not fat)
- Adult Topics - Examples: character talking about their private parts or discussing female hygiene
- Blood - Any visible blood
- Dead Bodies - Corpses lying around, for whatever reason
- Language - Any inappropriate language, from four-letter swear words all the way down to "damn"
- Main Character Death/Suicide
- Horror Themes
- Alcohol Usage
- Other - Anything else you think someone of any age might find inappropriate
- You may NOT review your own fanfilm!
- Do not give out links to reviewer pages, documents, or forms (including this one)