Nintendo Direct Tomorrow Morning
As you all probably heard, Nintendo will not have a keynote at E3 this year. Instead, they will do more of their own Nintendo Direct video presentations leading up to the show, and present small, closed-door meetings at E3 proper (and likely have a show floor presence).
An announcement was made today that tomorrow morning, at 7AM Pacific time, we will be getting our first Nintendo Direct of this type. This one is to be about upcoming Wii U games for summer and fall 2013. You know what that means! If they are set to reveal Retro Studio's new game, and actual details on the next Smash Bros, this is the first place we might see them. Fingers crossed!
There will be other Nintendo Direct for Europe tomorrow as well, and possibly Japan, so be on the lookout for news.
No Star Fox or Smash this time. The direct was mostly about the new Mario and Sonic Winter Olympic Games, Pikmen 3, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Resident Evil, New Super Luigi U, and a bunch of little details and launch dates on games that we already knew about or expected. There will be another Nintendo Direct coming "around the time of E3," so we'll have to look forward to that.
Well if they announce I hope my predictions for them are at least accurate, think I looked into about quite literally everything that could/would happen.
but I am hopeful that they will surprise us. they showed me that with the F-Zero race image. wonder when we get a show case there.
No Star Fox or Smash Bros? Boring!
I really doubt that the retro game is star fox… if the first person rumor is true, then i hardly doubt it will be star fox… it could be an f zero or metroid
I still have a feeling that Retro’s latest game could be the new Starfox game that we have been waiting for. Here are some of the reasons why I believe it is:
-Retro Studios’s latest Wii U project that they are working on(most likely that it could be the new Starfox game I have been hearing about because of the following mentioned here and that what they are working on as previously stated is based off one of Nintendo’s existing 1st-party franchises we haven’t seen in a while):
– Retro Studios confirmed along with Miyamoto that their next current project they are working on for the Wii U is not a new Zelda game.
– It can’t be a new Donkey Kong Country game since there hasn’t been any demand for it especially since Donkey Kong Country Returns came out in 2010.
– Can’t be a new Metroid game since Retro stated that they are done with the series and they want to move on to some other 1st-party franchises from Nintendo that we have not seen in a while
– Shigeru Miyamoto(creator of Starfox, Mario and Zelda) has mentioned in a interview during the summer of 2012 that Starfox is one of the franchises that is not only one of his favorites that he has done, but he wants it on the Wii U. Which could mean that even as we speak, the game is still in development. Hey, this is Miyamoto we are talking about and what he wants, we will get it and he has proven it over time including with the sequel to Luigi’s Mansion which is coming up for the 3DS soon and surely he would do the same for a Starfox Wii U game.
– Retro Studios said that they are doing a game that “fans want them to do” and to do a “barrel roll of a different kind” and not to mention that as in my January entry that the Starfox series turns 20 this year.
Believe me, we fans of the series have waited for 8 long years for a new entry and I think that the series is long overdue for a new one. We don’t want to see our boy Fox being reduced down to a fighter to only appear in Smash Bros. games from now on. We want to see him appear in his own games outside from Smash Bros. like how Nintendo did in the past.
were do you find al this info anyway.
im the person that focauses hardcore on the story time line and out comes of things, but you must have done alot of time in for antisipation of the game?
Almost all of that was mentioned here before, and on other news sites, from various reports over the past few years.
dragonheart07, u have made the most perfect of points!
Believe me, I agree to what Mr. Krystal said there of other sources mentioning about the very good possibility of a new Starfox Wii U game from Retro. All of my points I made are good reasons enough why I believe it is.
In fact, here is another link that was posted not long ago in Youtube to what we think https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8QQ5eI2qL8 that Starfox is a very good possibility that they are working on.
Here is another video around late April of this year of character predictions of who has a very good chance to be in the next Smash Bros. game for the Wii U/3DS this time around to be playable and our favorite blue vixen is in it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv49mJJcqHE
Believe me, man. All of my points here are good reasons why I believe that there Retro’s latest game could be the new SF Wii U game which the possibility of it is very likely this time around. In fact here are 2 links that may help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEVj3miXsgA and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8QQ5eI2qL8 .
As for Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS, here is a link from last month of character predictions of who has a really good chance to be in the next Smash Bros. game to be playable and Krystal is part of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv49mJJcqHE
I certainly hope it’s a new starfox game. Though I don’t even own a wii u, or even a wii at that.