Let me level with you guys. I haven't posted here in over a month. There are several good reasons for this. I'll list them simply.
- Work went into crunch mode because we were starting to miss deadlines
- I had to pack everything I own in my car, and give away the rest, preparing for a move
- When moving, I ran into some snow and ice in Texas, and ran off the road
- Another car hit the same ice and crashed into me, totaling my car (I'm fine though)
- Lacking a car and free time (because of work) I had to delay moving into my new house (I still haven't fully unpacked after 2 weeks)
- The house is nice, but it's a house, not an apartment, I'm still cleaning it to my level of cleanliness (I'm a clean freak)
- Various members of my family are going through financial and emotional problems that I didn't know about because I was in another state
- I'm moving again in a few months, and I have to go through all my stuff since high school and systematically sell or get rid of maybe half of it
- It also means I have to spend some time scouting out apartments for my next move
- I have to buy a new car, fix my car insurance, and buy health insurance (that I am now breaking the law by not having)
- Taxes are due in about 15 days
- We're probably going to re-enter crunch mode at my company
- And my long standing health issues have decided now is the time to flare up again
Man, that was depressing to write out. It's not all that bad. Everything will work out soon enough, in this life or the next anyway. Be thankful for what you have, kids! I had some good things going for me during this time.
- I have been getting to see my family again
- I barely have to buy food with my family cooking and inviting me to eat with them often
- I still have a great, challenging job
- I finally built my own computer, and it is a beast!
Just want to let you know what's going on, and that I will not abandon this site or you guys. In fact, I'm posting this now so I can post the next story so it will be at the top of the list.
Hi Mr. Krystal
I’m to hear of your troubles and hope you get back on top of things soon, after reading your post I had an idea although you may have thought of it yourself I’ll say it anyway, have you ever considered having a backup or a second in command, someone you know and trust who could update the site in your absence, so the site is not left bare for months at a time?
I’ve actually tried that multiple times in the past. The problem lies in the fact that others get excited to help, but within a month or two run out of time to help. I would need someone consistent and knowledgable in web stuff.
@Mr.Krystal for all the spare time I get with checking for updates on this site I’d love to be able to change it into help managing this site, all I’d really need is someone or something in which I could get the expertise with in order to help. other than that Its good to hear that your alive and “more or less” well. hang in there things only known as impossible when people give out on things.
Damn, that’s rough, man. Still, it’s good to hear that you’re keeping your chin up despite everything. Sometimes you surprise yourself by getting through every challenge, you know?
Hope it all works out for you. :)
Well I’m glad to hear that you are ok for the most part, and just remember… no matter how bad it seems, theres always someone out there that has it far worse! You can be thankful for what you do have! Just keep your chin up and may Gob bless!
*I meant God Bless… forgive me Lord ;)
Well it’s good to have you back in action my friend :) Sorry to hear about all the bad stuff happening, but at least you didn’t get hurt or worse in the crash, you’re very fortunate considering that. Hope everything goes well for you man. Best wishes!