Let me level with you guys. I haven't posted here in over a month. There are several good reasons for this. I'll list them simply.
- Work went into crunch mode because we were starting to miss deadlines
- I had to pack everything I own in my car, and give away the rest, preparing for a move
- When moving, I ran into some snow and ice in Texas, and ran off the road
- Another car hit the same ice and crashed into me, totaling my car (I'm fine though)
- Lacking a car and free time (because of work) I had to delay moving into my new house (I still haven't fully unpacked after 2 weeks)
- The house is nice, but it's a house, not an apartment, I'm still cleaning it to my level of cleanliness (I'm a clean freak)
- Various members of my family are going through financial and emotional problems that I didn't know about because I was in another state
- I'm moving again in a few months, and I have to go through all my stuff since high school and systematically sell or get rid of maybe half of it
- It also means I have to spend some time scouting out apartments for my next move
- I have to buy a new car, fix my car insurance, and buy health insurance (that I am now breaking the law by not having)
- Taxes are due in about 15 days
- We're probably going to re-enter crunch mode at my company
- And my long standing health issues have decided now is the time to flare up again
Man, that was depressing to write out. It's not all that bad. Everything will work out soon enough, in this life or the next anyway. Be thankful for what you have, kids! I had some good things going for me during this time.
- I have been getting to see my family again
- I barely have to buy food with my family cooking and inviting me to eat with them often
- I still have a great, challenging job
- I finally built my own computer, and it is a beast!
Just want to let you know what's going on, and that I will not abandon this site or you guys. In fact, I'm posting this now so I can post the next story so it will be at the top of the list.