Server File Updates
Hello friends! I have just completed a huge set of changes that, if everything worked correctly, no-one should notice. My server was almost full of files, most of the space taken up by the huge 1080p videos of cutscenes. Before new content could be added, I had to move the large files to cloud based storage. This move is done. Now, in addition to my traditional hosting bill ($15-16 per month), I will also be paying a few cents for every gigabyte stored or transferred. So please don't download things over and over!
Part of this change means that all large download files (videos, audio, podcasts, etc.) will now be served over secure HTTPS! Whenever you view a podcast download, for example, you should see it coming from an HTTPS address, so you can have more confidence that these files are not being intercepted or modified on the way to you. In the coming months, I plan to move the entire Krystal Archive itself to secure HTTPS. For now, though, if you run into any problems with obtaining download files from the site, please let me know.
During this whole process, I also found and corrected several issues. Here's a summary of the changes:
- Added the LaffetheFox's Krystal Theme from the Bit Fox Adventures album to the Krystal Music page. It had been uploaded, but never listed (whoops!).
- Added downloads for Rhyfe2002's rig, which had been uploaded, but never posted about (whoops again!).
- I had never posted the local mirror of the 3rd Star Fox: Event Horizon demo when I posted about it, but I did upload the file (whoops a third time!). However, you should probably use the more up-to-date 4th demo if you want to try the game out. Sadly, UndyingNephalim has placed the game on the back burner for the foreseeable future. Out of date downloads removed. Check the Star Fox: Event Horizon Page for the latest version download.
- You might remember the Fox to Krystal HD videos I posted about last year. While I did update the Adventures Video page with updated download links to the HD versions, I never posted links to the downloads for the Fox-to-Krystal glitch videos, until now.
- Fixed one misnamed file.
- Moved the spiral tattoo SVG to a better location.
- Cleaned out some unused files that had been used for testing or had been replaced.
Quick question: when the entire website makes the switch to HTTPS, does that mean that people will have to create accounts to view the website and/or comment on it? Forgive me, I do not know much about HTTP/HTTPS works exactly, so I am quite curious as to how exactly this switch will affect the viewers of the site.
Don’t get me wrong: I wouldn’t mind creating an account on the site, but I would like to know beforehand whether such a thing will happen when the switch occurs.
Actually I kind of like the idea of accounts. I mean, the way we’re doing it now is great, but there’s no stopping me from impersonating anyone of you, really, and vice versa.
Whooh! That’s a lot of stuff. Make sure to take breaks.
HTTPS just means that the site will be delivered to your computer safely. No-one will be able to see what you are doing, nor can they modify the site on the way to you. HTTPS does not require an account of any kind. You can go to Google without an account, after all, and they are using HTTPS.
In the future (the near future), HTTPS will be more or less required for all sorts of new technologies on the web; things that make the web faster and better (Service Workers, new compression, and HTTP2). However, some very old browsers, such as browsers running on Windows XP, will no longer work, because they can’t be made secure in the same way. However, it’s so old, I am not really worried about it.
Above all else, congragulations on moving over to HTTPS! Feel free to let me know if you need any help with properly configuring it; I have quite a bit of experience from rolling it out on my own servers.
Also, even a modern HTTPS configuration should work fine on XP, just not XP with Internet Explorer ;)
Bonjour, Comment ça va krystal?
tu avais un soucis de serveurs?
Ah je me demandais bien pour quoi chez toi tu avais une bonne connexion? sinon quoi de neuf?
tu est la sur Twitter ? Mr.Krystal?
I might take you up on that! I’m using Let’s Encrypt. I had heard that Chrome on XP wouldn’t work with Let’s Encrypt Certs, but I could be wrong.
@Gastounet The French Dragon
Je vais bien. Je ne fais que les serveurs mieux. J’ai une bonne connexion Internet , mais mes serveurs pourraient être améliorés . Oui, le KA a un compte twitter : https://twitter.com/bluevixennews
je t’aime bien ce que tu fait sur ton twitter et de ton Blog j’ai vu tu progresse très rarement je te follolerais sur twitter des cette Après midi tu connais mon twitter ou je te repasserais mon mon liens de mon twitter je te laisse un bon matin :)
aahh si tu te souviens de Fox Maccloud est ce que tu as de nouvelle de lui?
ça serais possible un jours si ont se vois?
je sait tu etait y aller à paris manga et japan expo je crois je t’est vu une fois avec furnace dragon?