New Starlink Footage and Details
GameXplain was invited to a special presentation of Starlink in New York and got a chance to try out a bunch more of the game. In a series of videos, they talk about what they found. I summarize the interesting tidbits below.
- Once again, you can play as Fox throughout the entire game, not just some missions.
- There are some exclusive Star Fox only missions as well.
- The primary thrust of the Star Fox missions are tracking down Wolf.
- In one mission, they are investigating a dig site that Wolf attacked.
- In another, the team attacks a space outpost under Wolf's control.
- Fox's "Special Ability" in combat is to call in the rest of the Star Fox team to assist him.
- If your ship is shot down, you can restart. Alternatively, you can pop on another ship and continue playing from there, which means having multiple ships gives a small advantage.
- Multiplayer is seamless drop-in-drop-out. A friend can join you on missions just by grabbing a controller and the game goes to splitscreen mode.
- The Star Fox missions are spread out on different planets, not all in one area.
- The Wolf cutscene we saw previously was just part of a larger scene.
- Wolf has some kind of installation at a place named "Tundria", which appears to be an ice planet.
- The Starlink ships have stackable parts, so you can have a wing on a wing on a wing, and so on.
- You can put more weight on one wing than another and it will affect flight.
- Wolf is in Atlas in order to find something called "Electrum", and he has hired a bunch of local goons to be his muscle.
- As far as they know, you cannot play as Falco, Slippy, or Peppy.
- You cannot shoot down Slippy (or any other teammate) when they come to assist you. They tried.
- It appears that some of the slower performance of the Switch version might have been addressed with these more recent builds.
- Wolf seems to be straight up cool in this game. Actually, all the characters seem to be putting their best foot forward. It's nice to see!
- Remixed versions of classic Star Fox song are used in some areas and events.
- The game has multi-part missions. First you're attacking a base turrets, then you attack fighters, then a boss ship, then base recon.
Ok, who wants to bet Wolf is gonna be one of those secret characters the developers did not yet reveal for the game, along with having a figure and wolfen toy?
Fans, we only got 2 months until Super Smash Bros Ultimate comes out, if we still want Krystal playable, we have to keep at it and put a lot of effort into it. Mr Krystal, you shouldn’t have a lot of doubt that Krystal will still become playable. Fans like Thoe that is doing the petition on change.org or Stardog Smasher on Youtube, they’ll know when she no longer has a chance to become playable. We wish at least there was a setting in the game to select what assist trophies we want to appear, like turn all of them off and have just Krystal appear. Back in early 2015 when I was a little bit upset and starting to feel hopeless, you told me I shouldn’t say never and I shouldn’t give up hope. I have faith in you Mr Krystal. We must work together as a community to succeed.