Star Fox Adventures Zero: Krystal’s Story Demo Released
NJFox has been hard at work on his Krystal-focused games for a while now using off-the-shelf game engines and teaching himself game development from scratch. He truly took to heart the idea of making the games he wanted to see.
His previous work on the demo for Star Fox Adventures 2 has been available for a while. He released a new trailer for it a few weeks back.
Learning from that experience, he's been frantically completing his first demo for Star Fox Adventures Zero: Krystal's Story. This new demo offers the following new features over his previous demos:
- Full controller support
- Better graphics
- Open environments for exploration
- More models
- Up to 4 items swapable with the R-stick
- Swapping between Tricky and Kyte
- Remade locations based on official in-game models from Star Fox Adventures
- Multiple enemy types
- Usable SharpClaw Cannon
- Gold bars can be dug up in Cape Claw and exchanged for expensive items
- A day-and-night cycle, allowing for sneaking up on SharpClaw when they sleep at night, and other time-sensitive events
Because this is only a demo, there are still some major limitations:
- Some of the areas are restricted from deep exploration
- No dungeons yet
- Number of items and spells are limited
- Scarab count (currency) is limited to 10 for now
NJFox's future plans for different locations include:
- Explorable dungeon with the Red Eye King boss chamber
- Underground laboratory for Dragon Rock's Great Tower
- Extended treasure rooms and mines in CloudRunner Fortress
You can download and play the game now. It's a single executable made with the Unity game engine.
Download from Google Drive
With the release of this demo, NJFox will be taking a break from these Krystal game projects to work on other, bigger projects using the experiences he's gained here. He doesn't know when he'll come back to this, but he plans to come back to it eventually.
can’t run it, it says it need a “starfox adventures zero_data” folder.
never mind, you should put them into 1 zip file or winrar.
tried it with a gamepad controller (xbox 360), it’s too buggy for now.
Dang I chose the right day to peek in on SF fan games. Congrats NJFox, and good luck to whatever comes next! Hopefully a career in code, art, or games. :)