ShadowSnake is making good progress on his Krystal mod for Super Smash Bros Ultimate. The mod isn't finished yet. Sound effects, recolors, Assault outfit, effects, and UI still need to be completed. Once these are done, we will certainly let you know!
I asked ShadowSnake for some details about the mod, and here's a bunch of facts:
- Tail fur was added as a set of textures for a fuzzy look.
- The mod is a skin over Dark Pit, with additional tweaks.
- There are attempts being made to change Dark Pit's shields to a barrier and arrows to fire blasts.
- Changes to animations and movesets probably won't be in the first release, if at all.
- The mod will include a classic mode route, victory theme, and UI updates.
- The loincloth and tail both are physically active instead of static.
- Shine effects are applied to the armor/staff.
- She has animated eyes, full face expressions, final smash eyes, and ink/metal maps.
- The new HD textures were painted by VTAL with mesh improvements done by ShadowSnake.
- Someone is being commissioned to make the voice pack and renders for her that will be used for the release.
- This is one of the first mods to feature bone edits to resize dark pit's hands to more fit with Krystal's hand size, this was the biggest hurdle in her development.
- Using this mod will require an unpatched switch and ARCropolis (which is the latest standard in Smash modding, eliminating file size limitations).
- First version release will be within the next couple weeks, but it won't be rushed to make sure all improvements are considered.
ShadowSnake also mentioned the motivation:
This character has been my dream fighter for Smash since before Brawl came out and after seeing her as an Assist in Ultimate, I knew I had to make her playable somehow.
Godspeed, ShadowSnake. Now, here's a bunch of photos of the mod in-game.