Half-Life 2 Mod Replacing Alyx With Krystal: Version 2
Using the just released Warfaremachine Krystal Rig, Falemirous made numerous upgrades to his previous Half-Life 2 Alyx Mod. As before, the mod replaces Alyx, the secondary companion character, with Krystal. But there's so much more:
- The model and rig are updated to the new, much higher quality version of Warfaremachine's Krystal Rig Version 2, including a fix so the feet don't clip through the floor in-game
- There are 4 variants: Adventures with Gatling Gun, Adventures with Blaster, Assault with Gatling Gun, and Assault with Blaster
- The EMP tool is replaced with Krystal's Staff, now with improved Mikiel2171-based model (with more accurate textures), glowing effects for the crystals, and open/close animations
- Enhanced textures, and new normal maps, for both the Gatling Gun and the Blaster
- Gatling Gun has proper animations and is held more naturally
- In-game TVs showing animations of Alyx have been replaced with Krystal animations, both for Adventures and Assault outfits
- Krystal now holds the Gravity Gun correctly
- Tons of other little fixes and adjustments to the rig
- And just as in the last one, this mod has facial animations, tail physics, and various jiggle bones
You can find more details, a lot of screenshots, a tutorial video, and downloads on the mod's official page.
I was wondering when this was going to happen. Been waiting for years, actually.
I remember seeing Half Life 2 mods about 10 years ago where Alyx was replaced with Zero Suit Samus, and another where she was replaced with Princess Zelda.
Think about it: Princess Zelda shooting at Combine soldiers with a gun. How much more bad*** can you get? XD
I wanted it to happen aswell, after seeing that renamon had one aswell as the samus you mentioned, I didn’t even think of doing it myself until recently, and it was well beyond my skillset when I first thought of it.
The guy couldn’t have chosen a different mod this one creeps me out.
I’d even take the SFM mod over this.
@N J FOX
No, I couldn’t. This is hands-down the best Krystal model for this, since it contains Valve FACs rules for facial animation, and realistic proportions, and frankly I just love it. Even if I could take the other ones I don’t think I would. Also which SFM mod are you talking about? this is literally Warfaremachine’s rig, ported with gmod rules which IS the SFM version to my knowledge. Since you’ve said it several times, I’m curious as to why it creeps out, like a real explanation