Star Fox Zero News Megapost
Star Fox Zero megapost contains a bunch of stories that happened a while ago. Sorry I didn't get to post them individually, but I thought it would be good to post them for Archival reasons. This is the Krystal Archive after all.
GameXplain shows off the Retro Arwing mode you get when using the Fox McCloud Amiibo with Star Fox Zero. The sound effects and music also change when this Arwing is used. The transformed walker is like that found in Star Fox 2.
Nintendo Direct Media Assets Posted
GoNintendo posted all the media assets for the March 3rd Nintendo Direct, including a bunch of Star Fox Zero and Star Fox Guard screens, renders, and boxart. (Source)
Interview with Miyamoto about Star Fox Zero by TheJWittz.
- Wants to avoid spoilers, so not much significant data about the story.
- Focused on Star Fox 64 characters as a reimagining of the game.
- Miyamoto hopes fans will come to appreciate Slippy, who will have a special role in the game.
- Denied the idea that Star Fox team have metal legs.
- Blue Marine was skipped because it wasn't a good fit for the control scheme of the game.
- Miyamoto wanted to change his famous line "A delayed game is eventually good. A bad game is bad forever." to "If you release a game in a bad state, you will always regret it."
- Used the delay for polish, obviously. However, initially they had made the game missions quicker, so that people would be able to play them in a single sitting in today's active lifestyle. However, fan feedback indicated that people actually did want longer, more epic missions. So that's what they did!
- They "aren't ready" to do online multiplayer for Star Fox yet, so it won't be in this game. Star Fox Guard, however, will have online play capabilities.
- Miyamoto had hoped to be approached for doing an animated Star Fox show using puppets like Thunderbirds, one of the original inspirations for Star Fox.
- They where very focused on making the game fun and accessible to new players while providing opportunities for mastery for skilled players.
Interview with Mr. Miyamoto about Star Fox Zero by Game Theory.
- Star Fox Zero was not originally a Star Fox game, but rather a model airplane prototype game that focused on using both screens in an interesting way.
- The Inari shrine's deity is one of good luck, which they also hoped would spell good things for the original Star Fox's financial success.
- The "barrel roll" was the result of a translation choice. In the Japanese version, it was just called "roll".
- Again, they denied that the Star Fox team have metal legs.
Arwing Transforming Amiibo Scrapped
GameInformer learned that there was an attempt to create a transforming Arwing Amiibo, like Transformers, except that it would transform from the Arwing to the Walker and back again. Unfortunately, they had to scrap the idea because the pieces would have been too small and unwieldy at that size, probably meaning parts broke off and the resulting small pieces would have been a choking hazard.
On the other hand, this means that it's technically possible to make an Arwing transformer like in the game, without pieces sliding through each other. Who's good at figuring out transformation patterns? Perhaps I could 3D print something. (Source)
Time Magazine's Look at Recent Star Fox Zero Changes and Facts
Check out this large article by Time, bolstered by interview questions, that sheds light on several aspects of Star Fox Zero's development, including things that have changed since the first delay.
Star Fox Zero gets Preorder Patch at Gamestop
If you preordered Star Fox Zero at Gamestop (like I did), expect to get this patch (while supplies last) when you pick up your copy. (Source)
Star Fox Zero Andross Face Revealed
Starfox Wikia managed to obtain the mugshot for Andross in Star Fox Zero. They probably got it from the Japanese Star Fox Zero site. (Source)
First off the metal legs are just boots secondly andross looks as ugly as he always dose
0_0 mhhhh a little patch ^_^ I want one.. Didn’t preorder though, maybe i’ll stalk amazon for one =P
Miyamoto also said he’d like the idea of slippy in smash, but he has no say for his starfox characters. It’s all on Sakurai to decide. It’s been the case for all smash titles, so perhaps that’s a big reason why we didn’t see anyone new this time.
I would love to see a Star Fox TV Series Take place. Considering the E3 2015 intro I would look forward to that.