First-Ever Dinosaur Planet Krystal Cosplay by YumeAislinn
Perfect timing for Halloween! YumeAislinn, a friend of the site, has been working on a Krystal cosplay over the last two weeks. To my knowledge this is the first ever Dinosaur Planet Krystal cosplay ever! She premiered the cosplay at DerpyCon in New Brunswick, New Jersey this weekend. There, she got tons of positive reactions and many people recognized the character. In fact, she managed to take home the Judge's Choice prize in the costume contest!
She plans to do a proper photoshoot soon. Maybe we'll get to see video too! The convention is still going on.
The cosplay has several notable features, including:
- Giant fluffy tail, custom dyed, sewn to a ribbon and later a carabiner beneath the dress
- Big ears and blue wig to match
- Hand-painted face mask with pen and watercolors, to comply with COVID requirements
- Custom-sewn tribal dress, made from scratch out of pleather
- Copper staff with foam wraps, spray painted and marbled for effect
- Multiple real bronze pieces made by her husband:
- Forearm Guard
- Bicep Ring
- Choker and attached Pendant
- Total cost was around $280
Back around February, while doing a Twitch livestream, she had a "special project" in mind if a certain donation amount was reached. It was heavily implied that it would be a Krystal cosplay. Needless to say several people started donating, including a couple large donations, one from me, and another from her own mother. In very little time at all, what was a pie-in-the-sky project was fully funded. We've had the pleasure of seeing her work in progress photos on the Krystal Archive Discord Server. Check out the gallery below for more work in progress details.