GameExplain shows off a video of some (all?) Star Fox easter egg conversations on the Star Fox Assault: Orbital Gate level in Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U. Curiously, not only is Krystal completely absent from the level she should have been in, but there are only 3 Arwings flying around. In EVERY Star Fox game, there are ALWAYS 4 Arwings, unless one is in for repair, I suppose. The Star Wolf team didn't appear in this level either, even though they show up in the Assault level. It's more than a little curious that none of those characters show up at all anywhere in the game except for past references in older levels.
What does this mean? Krystal content blocked by embargo dates? Krystal DLC planned for later? An attempt to remove Krystal (and Star Wolf?) from series canon? LOL, ok, that last one was ridiculous. Smash Bros. has never been canon about anything.
As for the cameos themselves, there's positives and negatives...
- The dialog is designed to be more specific to what the characters are actually doing, rather than being super generic about the fact that there are brawlers on their ships
- It's got that corny sci-fi flavor
- Falco's voice
- ROB's voice
- Fox's voice (barely)
- Aside from the lack of Krystal, the level is surprisingly accurate to what happens in the actual Assault level
- Ok, maybe the dialog is a bit TOO corny sometimes :D
- No dialog from the Cornerian military (Dog Soldier) or Beltino
- Slippy's voice (barely)
- Peppy's voice (seriously, what?)
- WHERE'S KRYSTAL?!
- WHERE'S STAR WOLF?!
Thanks to Jordan who sent this in.
These are not new voice actors. They are all returning actors from Star Fox 64 3D, see the comments.