Maybe some of you knew about this, but I sure didn't! Much like the Spriters Resource (a website devoted to hosting sprites from video games), there is now a website for hosting video game models called The Models Resource. They already have dozens of models from various Star Fox games, or games where Star Fox characters and vehicles made cameos. It's really amazing how many they already have, and I suspect they will upload far more as time goes on.
Of primary interest to you Krystal fans, they have uploaded 3 Krystal models:
- Star Fox Adventures Krystal - Ripped by Models124717
- Krystal Trophy from Super Smash Bros Brawl - Ripped by Link101
- Krystal Trophy from Super Smash Bros for Wii U - Ripped by ThatTrueStruggle
While we already have rips (or near-rips) of the first two models (here and here), I didn't realize until just yesterday that the trophy pose for Krystal is different between the two Smash Bros games. This is the first time I've seen the Wii U Krystal Trophy as a downloadable mesh. Awesome!
And, of course, there are TONS of other Star Fox related models at the time of writing, including...
- Star Fox Guard - Enemies, items, planets, and an Arwing model
- Star Fox Assault - Ships and enemies
- Star Fox Adventures - Various Characters
- Star Fox 64 - Enemies and ships
- Star Fox - Some custom-made ships
- Super Smash Bros for Wii U listing - Star Fox characters, items, and trophies
- Super Smash Bros. Melee - Star Fox characters, items, and trophies
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Star Fox characters, items, and trophies
- Bayonetta 2 - Fox Mercenary Outfit
- Street Pass Mii Plaza - Star Fox hats
- Legend of Zelda - The secret debug Arwing
No doubt there will be much more to come! Wow!
The question now is this: who will do something interesting and awesome with these models? I know I'm going to explore these for possibilities in the near future.