To kick off the rebuild of the Fangames section, we've got a page for the_randomizer's Brawl Mod, now in version 2! This mod features Krystal from Adventures replacing Princess Peach, including replacing Peach's golf club with Krystal's staff. Version 2 features improved animation and character portraits in-battle and on the character selection screen.
Both versions are available for download on the page. Instructions to setup the mod are inside the Version 2 download.
A new petition to get Krystal in Smash Bros. 4 has appeared. You can view the petition and sign it at Change.org. Thanks to D.J. for sending this in.
Bonus Extras Video (language warning)
The long-promised second interview with Alésia Glidewell was just put online. DarkFantasyFilm emailed me about it this evening, along with the name of the Alésia-signed poster winner! I'm proud to say that one of our commenters, Nick, was the winner. His fantastic question was:
Nick will be contacted soon to get shipping info for his prize. Meanwhile, the technical issues the interview faced means that a third interview (mostly focusing on Portal questions) will be coming up in a few months.
Let me level with you guys. I haven't posted here in over a month. There are several good reasons for this. I'll list them simply.
- Work went into crunch mode because we were starting to miss deadlines
- I had to pack everything I own in my car, and give away the rest, preparing for a move
- When moving, I ran into some snow and ice in Texas, and ran off the road
- Another car hit the same ice and crashed into me, totaling my car (I'm fine though)
- Lacking a car and free time (because of work) I had to delay moving into my new house (I still haven't fully unpacked after 2 weeks)
- The house is nice, but it's a house, not an apartment, I'm still cleaning it to my level of cleanliness (I'm a clean freak)
- Various members of my family are going through financial and emotional problems that I didn't know about because I was in another state
- I'm moving again in a few months, and I have to go through all my stuff since high school and systematically sell or get rid of maybe half of it
- It also means I have to spend some time scouting out apartments for my next move
- I have to buy a new car, fix my car insurance, and buy health insurance (that I am now breaking the law by not having)
- Taxes are due in about 15 days
- We're probably going to re-enter crunch mode at my company
- And my long standing health issues have decided now is the time to flare up again
Man, that was depressing to write out. It's not all that bad. Everything will work out soon enough, in this life or the next anyway. Be thankful for what you have, kids! I had some good things going for me during this time.
- I have been getting to see my family again
- I barely have to buy food with my family cooking and inviting me to eat with them often
- I still have a great, challenging job
- I finally built my own computer, and it is a beast!
Just want to let you know what's going on, and that I will not abandon this site or you guys. In fact, I'm posting this now so I can post the next story so it will be at the top of the list.
8 years ago today, the Krystal Archive went online for the first time. What a crazy ride it has been! Here's to many more years to come! Cheers!
It's been one year since I welcomed you all into the year 2013. I had high hopes for 2013, and I was not disappointed.
In my personal dealings, I had a great year! I quit my job for a much better one. I created a half-dozen New Year's Resolutions and completed or made significant strides on half of them. Beyond those, I managed to win a costume contest at a convention, wrote several websites, published an open source library, and have begun getting some long term health issue straightened out. All this while making preparations to move across the country for the fourth time.
All that personal progress came at the expense of time to focus on this site, and for that I am sorry it's taking so long. I have managed to rebuild the 3D section of the site and have restarted the long process of modernizing all the old posts from years past.
I was too optimistic on Star Fox and Krystal news however. Retro Studio's secret project was Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, a sequel to their last game. No other Star Fox related games or rumors of any significance were revealed. And although two new female characters are confirmed for Smash 4 (Female Wii Fit Trainer and Rosalina), Krystal is still left out of the battle. Time will tell if she makes the team.
Looking forward for the site, I've learned AngularJS and several server technologies at my new job. They are the perfect thing for rebuilding the fanart section to be faster, more interactive, and more informative. Likewise, I will be able to build better tools for getting the art organized and posted faster. YouTube recently rolled out live events, so I hope to try it out with the next podcast (which is hilariously overdue).
Actually, I'm thinking of doing the first one of the new year at Further Confusion 2014. If you are going to Further Confusion this year, please post in the comments below. Perhaps we can do a round-table type podcast at the con. I really enjoy having more than just me on the show.
Welcome to 2014. I hope the year is even greater than the last for all of us!
Actually, looks like I won't be attending Further Confusion this year after all. FoxType, Mike, and a few others I had intended to see while there can't attend, and Ayano will not be able to make it this year. I'm going to plan to attend 2015's show instead, which should be better for everyone's schedules.
I've had a few people ask me about it, so I'll put the info here so everyone can see it in one place.
I do not know what happened to GreyFireFox or why he shut down his DeviantArt gallery. The last I heard from him was on February 23rd, 2013. He emailed to let me know that progress on his Krystal rig version 1.5 was proceeding, though slowly.
I've tried contacting him via email and FurAffinity PMs with no response. That was several months ago.
And while I'm at it, there are at least 7 renders of his that I don't have. If you have one of the images below in full resolution, please email me so I can post them on his page (don't worry, he gave me permission a long time ago).
Update: Thanks to Alexander and Vukasin, who both sent me the missing renders. I have added them to GreyFireFox's page.